Genres

Ambient, Drone, Jam Band, Fusion, Funk, Experimental, Minimalism, Noise, Freak Jazz







Saturday, April 23, 2011

Fynndlit - Fynndlit VI (Disc IX)

Ok, so I'm getting to a point where it would be really hard to explain everything I did in each one of these songs, but basically, I had a screen I could "draw" on (fairly limited drawing) and it would scan the drawing for the pitch material, and I had a rate knob telling it how fast to read it. I then attached LFOs with random oscillators to all the levels of the rate knobs, levels of different wave forms, etc... I then kind of tricked the synth to play in weird logarithmic based scales by using this converter that switches the logarithmic frequency scale in Hz to the linear based midi 'Pitch' scale, and I used this even though everything was done in midi Pitch so it interpreted the midi pitch scale as a logarithmic scale, and converted it to a linear one, and the end result is a knob that changes the whole synth into a weird tuning system. none of this really matters it just sounds super crazy.

http://www.mediafire.com/?o3lybubz7qympb8

-James

No comments:

Post a Comment